The government have issued a press release based upon yesterday’s (9/7/20) press conference, which can be found in full here:https://www.gov.uk/government/news/beauty-salons-set-to-reopen-for-some-services-next-week-under-new-government-guidelines?fbclid=IwAR21MhwjikLb5HtR4K_1qrjKSD-McBW3s90Ocrlne3xYfccEyNQDY-TQnkI
The salient points are:
- From Monday 13 July, beauty salons, massage studios, physicaltherapy businesses and spas across England will be able to reopen safely.
- The guidance also applies to businesses that operate indifferent locations, such as massage therapists working in people’s homes, and those learning in vocational training environments.
- Updated Covid-19 secure guidance found here:https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/close-contact-services#close-contact-appendixsets out the measures that those providing close contact services should follow to protect staff and clients.
- Treatments that involve working in the highest risk zone –directly in front of the face – should not be made available to clients until government advice changes, due to the much greater risk of transmission.
- Where 2 metre social distancing cannot be maintained, forexample when providing a treatment, the person providing the service should wear further protection in addition to any that they may usually wear. This should be a clear visor that covers the face, or the use of a screen or other barrier that protects the practitioner and client from respiratory droplets caused by sneezing, coughing or speaking.
- Businesses will need to keep records of staff and customers andshare these with NHS Test and Trace where requested, to help identify people who may have been exposed to the virus. Practically this means that you will need to let your clients know that you may share their contact details when asked to as outlined on our News page at:https://brcp.uk/news/can-i-divulge-patient-details-to-tracing-officers
- Businesses will only be able to open from these dates once theyhave completed a risk assessment and are confident that they are managing the risks. They must have taken the necessary steps to become Covid-19 secure in line with the current Health and Safety legislation found here: https://www.hse.gov.uk/coronavirus/index.htm
- Employers should display a downloadable notice in theirworkplaces to show their employees, customers and other visitors to their workplace, that they have followed this guidance.
CHO members have had further details emailed to them.