What we do
The CHO is the leading charity advancing the practice of Healing: promoting its benefits as a recognised complementary therapy by providing education, research and information to a wider audience of Healing and healthcare practitioners and society as a whole.
As such, our mission is diverse and comprises a wide range of activities to help us achieve our primary aims and objectives.
- Being a trusted, authoritative information resource about healing for our many different audiences
- Providing support to our existing members and those who wish to join us
- Encouraging Continuing Professional and Personal Development (CPD) activities through subsidised workshops, study days and seminars
- Encouraging unity and facilitating co-ordination between healing organisations
- Collaborating and networking with interested parties from complementary therapy organisations to government departments
- Providing seed funding for healing research
Looking ahead we are exploring a number of further options that will help develop our work.
- Establishing Further Education courses on aspects of healing
- Organising conferences to further develop the growth of the healing community
- Developing a series of webinars to help promote wider awareness of the practice of Healing
- Actively encouraging further funded research into specific aspects of healing
- Establishing an international network of healing best practice to benefit the wider healing community
- Developing a package for NHS primary care to help reduce employee sickness costs and GPs time in dealing with patient lists