Part time self-employed Book-keeper for National Charity - working from home
The Confederation of Healing Organisations (CHO) is the leading charity advancing the practice of Healing: promoting its benefits as a recognised complementary therapy by providing education, research and information to a wider audience of Healing and healthcare practitioners and society as a whole.
Self-employed, working from home using your own equipment, core hours negotiable. Living within a 20-mile radius of Keinton Mandeville would be ideal, as there may be onsite work on occasion.
You will be required to keep some paper records, so accessible storage is necessary.
High attention to detail is required and the ability to work unsupervised.
Knowledge of and interest in complementary therapies would be helpful and previous experience of working with a charity a distinct advantage.
- Working with CHO key personnel including the Chief Executive and Trustees
- Board and Committee reporting, including attendance at virtual meetings when required
- Maintain the accounts and prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the CEO and Board, along with financial budgets
- Respond appropriately to internal and external enquiries by email and telephone
- An excellent working knowledge of Excel is imperative; you will need to know how to create and use pivot tables
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite particularly Word and Outlook would be ideal
- The competent use of Dropbox: our accounts are kept online as are membership records, correspondence etc.
- Professionalism, adaptability and the ability to work to occasional tight deadlines
We are a small charity with big aims. Our CEO and volunteer Board are a friendly bunch of people from all walks of life who will appreciate you for who you are as well as what you provide.
To apply please email your CV with a covering letter stating your particular experience applicable to this role, your current salary and when you would be available to start.
Thank you for your interest.